To say that this financial year has been a HUGE year, is of course, an understatement - for us all! But it's been AMAZING and we are filled with gratitude! We are grateful for you our sponsors and supporters, we are grateful for our small but awesome FP team and our wonderful ambassador, Michael Crossland - who shares our story across the world, we are grateful for our amazing leaders and teachers on the ground in Haiti, and of course we are so grateful for every child and family that we are privileged to be able to help - seeing their lives be transformed through our sponsorship, education, training and our welfare programs.
Even in the face of the COVID19 pandemic and the fact that Haiti is still in the grip of this and further political and financial upheaval, Frontier Projects Haiti in partnership with Light for Living International Ministries (LIFLIM) grew and strengthened in all our Priority Areas:
1. LOVE COMMUNITY Child Sponsorship continued to grow steadily and we now sponsor over 40 children into their own homes! We permanently employed our Haitian Social Worker (in training) YNDJY BELVAL to work directly with these families - visiting them at home and at school every month to oversee their wellbeing. Our 9 orphans / displaced children at LOVE COMMUNITY HOME have participated in specialist educational and recreational programs and psychologist sessions during the months when schools were closed by the government due to the COVID19 pandemic. Our amazing ambassador, Michael Crossland continued to support Love Community in every way, sharing his story, their story... and raising vital funds! Thank you, Mike!!
2. BOUVIER SCHOOL grew in sponsorships, teachers and staff and programs this year! The Food and Wellbeing Program was initiated when 'Feed My Starving Children' Foundation generously gave hundreds of nutritious meals to our program through John sharing our story with them and applying successfully for their support! So grateful, as many children can often come to school hungry. We employ two parents from the Bouvier Community to prepare the meals twice a week! Our eight amazing teachers continued their Staff Development Training - both online with Chez and John and with a Haitian education consultant! The Bouvier School Board was initiated and the school and teacher's apartment underwent some renovations.
3. LIBELLULE TRAINING ACADEMY (LTA) in Carrefour finally moved into our newly-rented awesome facilities in Carrefour and FROM ZION from Australia is now partnering with us to vocationally train and equip parents in order to provide and support their children in the future. FROM ZION has enabled us to launch our new Vocational Sewing Program within this academy by helping supply machines, material and accessories, in order to teach the necessary skills required to meet their own needs, create jobs and restore hope! With heartfelt thanks to Ben and Jas Adams and their team @ FROM ZION, here are some of the great pics at the Opening of LTA in Carrefour and launch of the Sewing Course. Through their ongoing support, we are able to employ our amazing Haitian seamstress, fashion designer and trainer, Sandra Alexis!
4. ALYSSA RENEE BARBER from the USA joins the Frontier Projects Haiti Core Team! Alyssa spends months in Haiti over the last two years for Frontier Projects, and her incredible work with our team leaders in Haiti as Co-facilitator of Programs has helped every program to grow and improve! We love this amazing, vibrant, caring and passionate friend - and so do all the children, youth and leaders in Haiti that she so lovingly cares about! Welcome Alyssa!
5. JOURNEY of TRANSFORMATION 2019: So many FIRSTS this year THANKS to our fantastic Aussy/USA/Haitian team: Ben Adams (Aus), Reginald Celestin (Haiti), Laurie Newland (Aus), Yndjy Belval (Haiti), Robin Brown (USA), Alyssa Barber (USA) & Chez & John Ward (Aus).
Click HERE to read all about it!
5. COVID19 PANDEMIC: KEEPING OUR CHILDREN and FAMILIES SAFE: (Click HERE to read more on our website about what is happening in Haiti)
We continue to be committed to the following priorities and will continue to respond to the situation as it may change:
i) WE CLOSED BOUVIER SCHOOL in line with the Presidential order and INITIATED FURTHER TRAINING FOR OUR TEACHERS in the meantime: Our staff used this time for FURTHER TRAINING... with safe-distancing practices- as a group of 10. Bouvier School along with all other schools will reopen on August 10th, 2020.
ii) We TRAINED OUR LEADERS, CHILDREN and FAMILIES in SANITATION PRACTICES.See photos below.
iii) We are PROVIDING VITAL MEDICAL, HEALTH and SANITATION SUPPLIES along with their usual sponsorship MONTHLY FOOD SUPPLIES. See photos below.
iv) We are CONTINUING our FROMZION- SPONSORED VOCATIONAL TRAINING COURSE for our Love Community mums.
v) WORKING WITH OUR PARTNERS and SPONSORS to continue to provide HEALTH CHECKS and SANITATION & MEDICAL/VITAMIN packages for our families.
If you would like to join us with funding the cost of a Family Sanitation and Medical/Vitamin Pack, you can Simply Give HERE.
Well, that's been our year! It's been incredible, challenging, hope-filled and filled with new opportunities to be grateful!
With our thanks and sending blessings to you all.
Health, hope and joy!
Chez and John Ward
Frontier Projects Haiti