ESTABLISHING HOPE for HAITI'S CHILDREN! HANDS ON, AUTHENTIC, COMMUNITY TRANSFORMATION. WE WORKED ALONGSIDE OUR KEY HAITIAN LEADERS EMPOWERING THEIR VISION FOR THEIR COMMUNITIES! TRAINING. TEACHING. BUILDING. EMPOWERING.
So many FIRSTS this year were undertaken:
* we launched the SECONDARY YEAR 7 class at Bouvier School
* we launched our ESL classes for parents and community in Carrefour, led by Alyssa and to become a vital business that supports Bouvier School
* we visited NEWLY PURCHASED farming land in our next impact area of Cavaillion: land that we will farm and build upon in the future
* we saw first-hand, our new LIBELLULE TRAINING ACADEMY class in action - in it's FIRST YEAR: where mum's and Love Community graduates are crafting beautiful hand-made jewellery to sell, enabling them to help support their families. (Libellule means ‘dragonfly’ in French: the symbol for transformation).
* we expanded our Bouvier School Farm - building a chicken-coup: which will also add to the produce grown and taught about, continuing to build up the new FEEDING PROGRAM being established.
Plus.... all the practical building and renovation projects that we undertook with our Aussy and Haitian teams together!